Search This Blog

Thursday 21 January 2010

Craig Oldham - Ambient Media Campaign - Adidas






I am currently researching different ways of getting young people into playing sports as part of my Final Major Project. I was told to look at the ambient media campaign for Adidas to promote football ahead of the FIFA World Cup in 2006. This was designed by Craig Oldham from Music who came in to the college to give a lecture about design a while ago which I have previously written a post about. http://nick-entwistle.blogspot.com/2009/04/craig-oldham-lecture.html

The campaign provides great value for money as it is simply a roll of tape. This shows that the simplest ideas are the best. I can really relate to the campaign as me and my friends used to use walls, garages, car height barriers, trees etc... as football goals. Anything that resembled a goal and was reasonably sized we would use. If not we would put our jumpers down for goalposts. This tape allows you to make a goal anywhere you want and can turn any environment into a football pitch. It promotes street football and can bring communities together. With the rise in obesity and people staying in playing computer games, ideas like these are vital.

I like the posters as they are well art directed and the copywriting is great. They are not made too fussy and don't seem expensive, which is a good thing as it relates to the idea. I also like the way it gives football an importance over other things like cars. Humour is another aspect of the campaign and I feel that it is this that captures people's imaginations.

You can see this campaign at: http://craigoldham.co.uk/project/take-it-to-the-streets/

No comments:

Post a Comment