Search This Blog

Sunday 15 November 2009

New York Trip











Last Monday most of us students from the Visual Arts courses went away to New York for the week. In the past we have been to Berlin and Barcelona so I jumped at the chance to visit such an amazing place as New York even though I am struggling for money at the moment. I just cannot understand why people pass up the opportunity to experience things like this.

We went on a coach down to London and flew from Heathrow. We stayed at the Chelsea International Hostel which wasn't the best place in the world but you can't expect anymore for the cheap price we paid. I didn't plan to spend much of my time there anyway as it wastes away your experience of the culture surrounding the city.

I took lots of pictures of the scenery, designs, lights etc as it was all very different to the UK. We visited the MOMA, Guggenheim, Rockerfeller Building & Ice Rink, Central Park, Empire State Building, M.A.D., Broadway, Time Square and much more. There is almost too much to take in so I would have liked more time there to not have to rush.

Aswell as fitting all that in I visited 4 agencies with my portfolio. They were Method, Wolff Olins, Siegel + Gale and AKQA. These were great experience in themselves which I will write about in more detail.

Overall I was amazed by the city and would love to go back in the future. Possibly to work there as from what I have seen the agencies are superb.

No comments:

Post a Comment