Search This Blog

Thursday 5 November 2009

Liverpool Design Symposium 2009

















Yesterday I attended the Liverpool Design Symposium. We left at 8-30 from Stockport to get there in good time to find the place. By around 10, when the talks started, we were right near where we needed to be but still couldn't find it. Then we saw a sign which was about a5 size telling us directions around a lot of construction work which took around ten minutes to walk around itself. We got in late along with quite a few others but soon settled into the D&AD Student Award's Talk. There was then a short interval to allow for setup of the Educational Seminar by Ian Thompson. Me, Mike and James from my course then went straight into the D&AD design workshop which was hosted by Fergal of D&AD and a representative of The Chase where we worked together to create ideas to advertise 'underlay'.

Following this were the D&AD Portfolio Surgeries where I was lucky enough to see two established people from the design and advertising industry and got some great advice on my work. There were two more talks after this but I unfortunately could not attend as I needed a break to get some food. There are no breaks between activities which means things have to be missed whether you want to or not. I then returned to attend the D&AD President's Lecture by Micheal Wolff which was more of an interview.

Overall I gained a lot from the day as a whole and it was definitely worthwhile attending. Getting this contact with industry is invaluable and I try to grab every opportunity to do things like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment