Search This Blog

Monday 20 October 2008

Concept Studies

We have been working on a 7 day brief for Concept Studies which today we presented to our tutor and fellow students. The brief wasn't a normal brief, it basically gave us a license to do whatever we wanted and think of the world as if we didn't already know it or as if we were a baby again..I took the idea of being a baby again literally as I had been talking to my mum  the night before about the way people have memories but don't remember what it was like before they could walk or talk. I decided to create a photo essay loosely based on a day in the life of me as a baby. I had to get in the mode of being a baby and crawled around the house taking pictures of what a baby would see, including being in the cot, feeding times, a day out and bathtime. I had to get hold of some props such as nappies, dummies etc. and had some helpful models to get my images. I looked at the way Stewie off family guy is a baby but has adult views and added this idea to it by putting my own views to the images by adding captions. To finish it off I added a song that uses the Rugrats tune called Take Me There as it is about a journey and was appropiate. Over the top of these I added sound effects of what the baby could possibly hear at the time of the images being seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment