Search This Blog

Saturday 27 June 2009

Mccann Erickson Portfolio Visit













I have been in contact with Mccann Erickson for a while now sending in PDF's of work and CV's etc. I kept being put through to different people within the agency and had my details forwarded a number of times. I didn't feel I was getting anywhere but wasn't surprised as they are a massive international award winning agency who are extremely busy. However because of this I persisted and luckily ended up getting the chance to go in and show my portfolio.

I had been to the agency before just after it had first opened. This was for my school work experience with Bowker Sadler Architects. We were checking the building that Bowker Sadler had designed for any faults and changes needed. I was amazed by the building which looks like a spaceship in the middle of the countryside. With it's own swimming pool, greenhouses, allotments and bistro etc. it is like no other agency. I noticed the work people were working on whilst I was there and I was very interested in the ideas people had come up with. Ever since then I had wanted to go back and took the route of Graphic Design at college.

The meeting was with the Managing Creative Partner who I had been contacting. We went for a coffee in the Bistro and sat down and talked about the company and what I had been doing with University etc. After a while we went through my portfolio which she was very positive about whilst giving me some good advice. She even rang the MD on his mobile to see if she could show him my work too! He was very busy at the time but she picked out my best pieces of work and went over to the offices to show him anyway. Luckily the feedback was good with them both particularly liking the Great British Blood Drive work and Berghaus Ad Campaign. I was then unexpectedly asked if I could come in and work for the next two weeks which I straight away said yes to and I am looking forward to showing them what I can do.


No comments:

Post a Comment