Search This Blog

Monday 28 December 2009

Olympic Logo 2014



As the furore over the Olympic 2012 logo dies down attention is moved onto the logo for 2014. The top logo came second to the final choice designed by Interbrand which you see underneath. At first I was drawn to the top design as it is colourful and attractive but then I realised why it was not chosen. Too often people go for the pretty choice. I have learnt all about this through my critical journal and research into marketing and branding. Attractive design does not mean that it will do it's job as well as a less attractive piece of work. This was the same case with the 2012 logo which in effect did it's job tenfold by getting people talking. Logos are now being designed to be dynamic and move in animation. This makes the second logo the best proposition as the top logo appears flat and static. I agree with the choice made for the final logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment