Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 May 2009

Truth Portfolio Visit




Today I visited Truth Design agency in Manchester where I met Jane and Darren. They had a nice reasonably sized studio in the town centre and we sat round the table with a cup of tea to go through my portfolio. Some advice Darren had for my work was to consider the connotations people might make with particular types, giving more reference points when advertising. He also said not to get so much into the web building side and to focus on my strengths because there are other people who can do the work I'm not so good at. There were warnings not to look at the glamourous side too much as there can be some very boring jobs. Although I am already aware of this as it can happen a lot, especially starting off in the industry. Darren liked most of my work and has said to keep in touch, e-mail a pdf portfolio and to come back when I finish the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment