Search This Blog

Wednesday 5 August 2009

26 Years, 85 Notebooks


I was told to take a look at this article for some inspiration for a notebook personal project we are currently doing. It was interesting as he works in a similar way to me. A lot of my sketchbooks are scruffy and full of notes and brainstorms for ideas rather than drawings. I have been told to make them neater in the past but I don't want to and articles like this prove that their is no point in perfectly neat sketchbooks which I am really against. It's about the work produced from the ideas. This is the first paragraph from the article which can be seen at http://observatory.designobserver.com/entry.html?entry=6067

On August 12, 1982, I took a 10 x 7 1/8 inch National Blank Book Company composition book from the supply closet of my then employer, Vignelli Associates. From that moment, I have never been without one. I always have one at my desk. I take one with me to every meeting. I am now in the middle of Notebook #85. It's in front of me right now. Together, these well-worn books create a history of my working life that spans three decades.


No comments:

Post a Comment